[FiinPro Data] 75% companies report earnings, profit rises 16.6% YoY with signs of slowing down
Our FiinPro® Platform showed that 845 companies have reported earnings in the first nine months of 2018 as of November 7th, 2018, of which 86% made profit.
- The combined net profit of 9M/2018 of 845 enterprises, accounting for 86% market capitalization on 3 exchanges reached VND169 trillion, up 16.6% YoY (lower than 31.1% according to our latest announcement dated October 24th, 2018); fulfilling 74.1% of the 2018 target.
- The YoY growth rate in the last four quarters has trended to decrease on the whole market, the net profit growth slowed down steadily from 42.1% in Q4/2017 to 19.9% in Q1/2018 to 18.7% in Q2/2018 and to 9.0% in Q3/2018.
- Trailing EPS was VND2,090.3 - up 21.8% over the same period last year, average P/E is 15.4x. From a broader perspective, with more Q3/ 2018 financial reports available, the average EPS is lower and P/E is higher than those reported as of October 24th.
- Top 9M/2018 profit growth in 9M/2018 are AMV (9,286%), SRA (4,494%), SMA (3,961%), MBS (822%), VHC (152%), ACB (147%), VIB (175%), and EIB (142%).
- 143 enterprises (17%) completed their 2018 profit plan after 9 months, most outstanding are QNS (406%), HAG (230%), and VHC (167%).
- By sector: Banks, Financial Services and Industrial Goods & Services saw the highest growth in the first nine months of 2018 compared to the same period of 2017 (over 30%), although the growth momentum by quarter by quarter slowed down. Q2/2018 Banking sector rose 54% YoY, Utilities up 35%, Industrial Goods & Services up 45%.
- There were 17 listed banks releasing financial reports in 9M/2018 with a combined profit rose 38.9% YoY, down from 50% in Q2/2018.
- Top performers were VIB (175%), ACB (147%), EIB (142%) and TPB (109%).
- Loans and advances to customers in 9M/2018 of these banks rose 16.6% YoY and 11% year to date of which TPB, HDB and VCB increase 16.1%, 15.7% and 15.1% YTD respectively.
- Nonperforming Loan Ratio (NPL) tends to increase in Q3 in 13 out of 17 listed banks, for example, VPB’s NLP rose from 4.07% in Q2 to 4.7% in Q3, VIB’s NLP rose from 2.33% in Q2 to 2.5% in Q3, BID’s up from 1.49% in Q2 to 1.76% in Q3, and CTG’s up from 1.29% in Q2 to 1.36% in Q3.
- EPS growth in 2018: Speaking at FiinPro Talk 7, Mr. Thuan Nguyen Quang - CEO of StoxPlus has said:“ The banking sector is forecasted to continue to grow well despite the fact that banks are unlikely to reach a 17% credit growth cap. FiinPro data shows that analysts have the most optimistic view, forecasting the banking sector's EPS forecast to increase 42.1% by the end of 2018, while bank executives are more cautious with a forecast of 35.7% and StoxPlus’ forecast is 29.9% increase”.
- Net interest income from banking services increased by 27% yoy, 14 banks out of the 17 saw income from services rose positively in the period, of which the strongest growth was TPB (249%), followed by HDB (223%) and VIB (112%), VBC up 33.7%, MBB (63%), VCB (33,7%) and TCB 25%).
We hope FiinPro® Platform's data updates will help you with your work. Should you need any help or support, please contact our Customer Care Department:
Do Thi Lan (Ms.)
Tel: 024 3562 6962 (ext: 103)
Ly Thi Hien (Ms.)
Tel: 028 3933 3585 (ext.: 202)
« Go Back
Jan 28, 2019
Dec 07, 2018
Oct 22, 2018
Oct 09, 2018
Oct 22, 2018
The domestic real estate market has had a period of strong growth in the past five years, will this bull market continue and support real estate stocks to lead the market?
Oct 09, 2018
Banking stocks have been one of the market leading ones over the years. FiinPro data showed that banking stocks enjoyed a 3-digit growth for the past five years, up 154.1% versus VNIndex’s double-digit gain of 96.5%. Will the attractiveness of banking stocks remain in the last months of 2018 and in 2019?