How To Avoid Growth Traps in Vietnam’s Stock Market
Why this Event?
As the world’s economic growth is forecast to remain sluggish in the next couple of years, investors chase for good investment opportunities and often pay heftier premiums for growth because of its scarcity. Vietnam market emerges as a sweet spot as it is among a few economies which can deliver a GDP growth of 6% or higher per annum. Vietnamese companies have been showcasing growth plans in an effort to raise capital. However, growth always comes with a price and only a sustainable one will reward investors with a long-term success.
We find that analysts in Vietnam often struggle with evaluating the quality of growth. With an in-depth and comprehensive financial database of Vietnamese companies, FiinPro® has uncovered useful metrics an effort to ease your burdens.
This 1-day workshop is designed to:
- Equip attendants with a structured, practical approach to avoid growth traps in Vietnamese listed companies;
- Discuss useful financial metrics as early flags of earnings manipulations or financial distress;
- Optimize customers’ experience with FiinPro®.
Time and Venue
- Time: 09:00 – 17:00, 15/01/2016
- Venue: Bao Son Hotel, 50 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Grand Ballroom - 3rd Floor
- Time: 09:00 – 17:00, 12/01/2016
- Venue: Liberty Central Saigon, 17 Ton Duc Thang, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnamese & English
Mr. Dao Phuc Tuong (CFA)
Investment Manager, APS Asset Management
Mr. Dao Phuc Tuong is an experienced and savvy investment professional. Tuong has accumulated more than 18 years of experience in banking, management consulting and investments. He has witnessed and studied a dozen of Vietnamese and regional companies with accounting frauds. Currently, Tuong is a portfolio manager of APS Asset Management, a boutique investment firm with a total AUM of US$3.1 billion in Singapore.
Tuong graduated with a Master of Commerce (Finance) degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia. He is currently a member of the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), Singapore Society.
|9:00 - 9:45||
Why growth? Empirical relationship between earnings growth and share price
|9:45 - 10:30||
Examining earnings quality
|10:30 - 10:45||
|10:45 - 12:00||
Examining earnings quality (Cont.)
|12:00 - 13:00||
|13:00 - 15:00||
Identifying companies with managed/manipulated earnings
Identifying companies with financial distress
|15:30 - 15:15||
|15:15 - 16:30||
Identifying companies with financial distress (Cont.)
|16:30 - 17:00||
Misunderstandings of valuation metrics
|17:00 - 17:30||
- The workshop will be conducted with a high level of interactions. The total number of participants is capped at 70.
- Data mining skills and practical insights will be discussed with the experienced investor and among workshop participants.
Who should attend?
- Investment analysts
- Investment Officers/Managers
- Brokerage consultants
- CF/IB/Advisory Officers
- Data or General Analysts
Participation and Payment Policies
- FiinPro® customer: 01 free-of charge seat will be allocated to 01 ID subscription of FiinPro® as of 31 Dec 2015.
- Non-FiinPro® customer: VND 2,000,000/person, exclusive of 10% VAT. Payment via bank transfer:
- Account name:STOXPLUS JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Account number:11520809247010
- Account currency:VND
- Bank:Techcombank, Ba Dinh Branch, Hanoi, Vietnam
Please register no later than January 6th, 2016. Application will be closed if the number of registers exceeds the expected number.
With the “Innovative Always” passion, StoxPlus is committed to continuous data enrichment and product improvements for its products including FiinPro platform. Our FiinPro will be upgraded with macroeconomic data and many useful features by 31 Dec 2015.
Subscribing to FiinPro, we commit to provide various value-added services including data support, publications and customers training such as Customer Training Workshop series. Via Customer Workshops, we would like to equip customers with practical skills and knowledge essential for working and investing.
Please register online for the training workshop #1: How To Avoid Growth Traps in Vietnam’s Stock Markets by clicking on the link below:
For further information or enquiries about the workshop, please contact our Customer Service:
Mr. Nguyen Trung Ha
Customer Support – FiinPro® Platform
M: (+84) 4 3562 6962 ext. 103
« Go Back
Oct 09, 2018
Banking stocks have been one of the market leading ones over the years. FiinPro data showed that banking stocks enjoyed a 3-digit growth for the past five years, up 154.1% versus VNIndex’s double-digit gain of 96.5%. Will the attractiveness of banking stocks remain in the last months of 2018 and in 2019?
Oct 03, 2018
Banking and real estate stocks are considered the leading stocks as they account for 40% of the total market capitalization and 47% of the average daily trading value in the year to date. Building investment strategies for the coming time as well as in the coming years will depend heavily on how these two sectors will perform.